Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Stop, drop, and roll!!

So I had the experience this morning of knowing what a speaker on fire smells like.
Last night when Scott took off his glasses, he asked me when I got up, to put them on the dresser, because the kittens chew on them if he sets them on the floor. Of course I set them on my nightstand in a basket, never remembering. This morning at 4:30, he pokes me and asked where they are, and I roll over and dig them out of the basket with one eye half open, apologize, and roll back over. Then I hear a strange noise, like a bass drum. Odd. I roll over to see my Dt Mtn Dew dripping off of the table. I grab a towel and wipe it up. Never thought to wonder where the bass drum noise was coming from. Until I smelled an electric fire. I open my eye again, and see smoke coming from my floor. I grab the electrical adapter from the wall, and unplug everything. My index finger will never be the same. Turns out, that the bass speaker for our surround sound is on my side of the bed, and my Mtn Dew pouring into it angered it. I haven't attempted to plug it back in to see if it works.

"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
- Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

No comments: