Wednesday, June 2, 2010

11-24-09 (originally)

Okay, aside from the major things I am thankful for, I am going to give a shout out to the little things in life I take for granted first. Most of these things I realize just how thankful I am, because at some point in time I have been without it.
Air conditioning. (which is right up there with oxygen and freedom in my book)
Bedroom door. (could you really imagine life without one?)
A car that gets you from A to B. (I seriously say 'thank you God' when I pull up in the driveway)
A couch. (When I moved in my apartment, I sat on the floor for a few months)
Electricity. (Also up there with oxygen and freedom)
Toothpaste. (Obvious reasons)
Vacuum cleaner. (Obvious reasons)
Washer & dryer. (Having to load 2 people's week worth of laundry to a laundromat is NOT fun, not to mention have to sit there while they all wash and dry, that is, when there is a washer/dryer not in use)
Running water. (Because something always dramatic happens when there is no water)
Cable. (Because without it, someone may set someone else's leg on fire..)
Aluminum foil and Cream of Mushroom soup. (I don't think I could cook a meal w/o either)
Vault Zero. (I am like Rosemary's Baby without it)
Carpet Fresh. (I go through an entire box a week, and only have one room w/ carpet)
APPLE MANGO TANGO GAIN FEBREZE!! (why was this NOT at the top of the list?)
The few times Jack does not bark. (Because he is afraid of the dark)
A hot shower longer than 7 minutes. (Which is rare)
Cheese stuffed mushrooms.

NOW ONTO THE BIG STUFF:
I absolutely have the best Mother. Sure she doesn't listen, and forgets EVERYTHING I tell her (like for real, she forgot I went to the dr every Thursday for 6 months), and she hates all my cats, but I could not imagine one day without her. Thank you for cell phones, Facebook, and instant messaging, otherwise life would suck big time. I love her SO much!!!

Rebecca- my best friend on earth, THE MIDDLE CHILD, and someone to talk LOTR, Harry Potter, and Twilight to. My middle of the night e-companion, my gin partner, and lover of El Nopal. We have to bond every day, or life is all out of whack. We also mock our Mother to no end.

Bailey- if you've ever met her, you understand how much I love her. If I have one purpose on earth, it's to love and protect her. She may never fully understand how much she means to me, and how deep the love goes. I am not the greatest on showing emotion, but if there is one person I would take a bullet for, without any hesitation, it is her.

Joey- wow. um, He's my father, whom I love very very much.

I am thankful to live in the United States. A lot of people take our freedom for granted. Even though lately, a lot of freedoms are gone, i.e. freedom of speech, the right to bear arms, but it could be a whole lot worse.

I am thankful our roof doesn't leak, and the doors lock.
I am thankful my father in law is an understanding person to my mood swings.
I am thankful for ps3 and Guild Wars, otherwise I would be the one to have to entertain Scott.

I am thankful for all my ex boyfriends being douchebags, or I wouldn't be with my husband.

I am thankful for Kamren and Madison, who has shown Scott and I we could never have kids together, seeing as we are parental opposites. (apparently giving them everything they want is bad) And for all the laughs and exercise. And Rodney & Krystal for allowing them to stay with me :) Oh, and Nickelodeon for entertaining them.

I am thankful for Steven Carbin, who married my sister. There is no telling where or what she would be doing if you hadn't come around. You put up with her like no man could ;) You're the best brother in law I could ask for. And I promise never to mail you a bag of toenail clippings.

I had the greatest Mother in law ever. No joke. She was an amazing lady, and if only for a few brief years, I was honored to have her in my life. She gave birth to an amazing son, and raised him right. Not her fault it wore off :)
I am also thankful for Kathy, you have brought a lot of happiness into our lives as well.

I had some pretty cool friends growing up, and even though I moved away, and don't really see or talk to them that often, I am thankful for Steven, Jason, Greig, Clay, Katie, Man, Kristen, Amberly, Mollie and all the ones who were there. I know I was a lame kid. Thanks for being my friend.

Thank you to Tammy Dupree. You may not know it, but I idolized you to no end.

Misty was my best friend all through school, and several years after that. She knows every detail, all the loser things I did, all the little secrets. I am sorry I let a gap come between us, but you're still my lifelong BFF. I love you so much. I am thankful we got to spend our adolescent years glued at the hip. I wish I was there to be a part of Luke and Lila's life so I can tell them all the lame things we used to do.

Thankful for Logan and Hayden, I never liked kids until you guys came along.
I have pretty cool other cousins, too :)

Thanks to all my Lowe's friends I made. I didn't know anyone here when I moved, and you guys made/make life so much better for me here. Even you, Griswold :)

For Sis Debbie Wilson, I always wanted to be a better person just for you. Thanks for all the nights I slept at your house, and for being you. You and Mrs Patsy will always be angels in my eyes.

I am thankful for William, Lizzie, Molly, and all my Tweethearts, you guys bring joy and entertainment to my day, and save me from boredom. I look forward to talking to you guys everyday.

I am thankful for Jessie, she listens to all my problems, we rag on all the same people, and I can't imagine watching a sporting event without her. She is my e-love.

I am extremely thankful for the Kinsey family, the Layne family, and the Patterson family. Church was an extreme part of my life growing up, and I thank you so much for being a part of it.

I am thankful for all the time I got to spend with my grandmother, Mayvone Davis, and my great grandmother, Lula Mae Steele.

So I guess that leaves Scott. I am not a romantic, mushy person, so I will just say that he truly is my other half. We are in synch like nothing I have ever known, he is the only person, including family I can be completely myself at all times. Even though we argue, bicker, and disagree every day, and most of my angry updates are directed at him, I couldn't imagine my future without him. Some days I am so miserable here in Alabama I want to pack everything and move home, and pray he comes with me. I feel like I should say a lot more, but I don't want to get all girly.

So there is my super long "I am thankful for" list. If I left someone out, I am sorry, but if you're reading it, then you know you mean something to me. I am thankful for all the people in my life.
I am thankful for a God who loves me, and has forgiven me even though He has no right to.

No comments: