Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Why tv sucks (from 5-20-10)

So every time I have something important to say, it gets stuck in my head and I can't get it out. My annoyance is, television. I want to know when a show with a script, intelligent actors, and a point, was considered a reason to cancel. Of course I am sad Lost is ending. But after 6 seasons, it was its time. The same with Grey's Anatomy, you knew in the first episode the show was only going to be 7 seasons long. I decided to watch Heroes, as my replacement show for Lost. That was canceled. I loved Flash Forward, it was wonderfully written, and was intriguing. Canceled. Lie to Me. One of the most intelligent shows ever. Canceled. So here is my rant. Reality shows. I think the reason they're still around is they are cheap to maintain. Like the trash people that are in them. Not all are bad. Man v Food, Dirty Jobs, and Survivor are programs I watch regularly. But most is just trash. How long HAS The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, and all shows like this, pretty much pimping people out been on? Give me a break! Hey why don't you watch me while I drive my truck? Watch me build a shelf. Respect the fact I have brain cells and try to challenge them! I don't even turn to MTV anymore, because I know it isn't going to be anything but thrown together junk. God forbid there actually be music on MusicTv. VH-1 is the same way. How much air time do videos actually get? I remember when Friends was on, they were getting like $1,000,000 per every 24 minute episode. Maybe that is the problem. I don't know, all I know is tv is crap these days. Sports is about the only reason to turn it on. And even then you have to sit through overly crappy commercials. Maybe I should be like Evangeline Lilly and not even own a tv. I would honestly sit through hours of infomercials that watch that junk they call The Real Housewives of whatever new city. If those people are actually "real", I will cut off my big toe. Do people read books anymore? Sigh.

No comments: