Friday, June 18, 2010

A book review..

I finished this book today. Highly recommend.
Amazon.com: The Book of Fate (9780446612128): Brad Meltzer: Books
I was kind of skeptical with the Masonic emblem on the cover, seeing as since "The Davinci Code" came out, every one has went Freemason crazy, but there is very little Masonic mentioning.
I literally got chills at the end. I listened to it mostly on a CD, that I bought in the bargain bin at Barnes and Noble, after I bought the book. I started it back in December while making the 8 hour drive to my mom's, and 2 trips later I was almost finished, so I whipped out the book. It's "my" kind of conspiracy, mystery type I normally go for.
Definitely a Brad Meltzer fan now :)

I am about to complete another book by him, "The Book of Lies". I had started it a year or so ago, but I tend to get sidetracked with books sometimes. I think there are currently 4 book on my nightstand that I have started and not finished. Not to mention I plan to reread "The Deathly Hallows" soon.
I actually bought "Book of Lies" first, and saw "Book of Fate", and my impulse book buying kicked in, and I had to have it. Here is the description...

"In chapter four of the Bible, Cain kills Abel. It is the world's most famous murder. But the Bible is silent about one detail: the weapon Cain used to kill his brother. That weapon is still lost to history.
In 1932, Mitchell Siegal was killed by 2 gunshots to the chest. While mourning, his son dreamed of a bulletproof man and created the world's greatest hero; Superman. And like Cain's murder weapon, the gun used n this unsolved murder has never been found.
Today in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Cal Harper comes face-to-face with his own family tragedy: Hi long missing father has been shot with a gun that trace back to Mitchell Siegal's 1932 murder. But soon after their surprising reunion, Cal and his father are attacked by a ruthless killer tattooed with the ancient markings of Cain.
So begins the chase of the world's first murder weapon It is a race that will pull Cal back into his own past even as it propels him forward through the true story of Cain and Abel, an 80-year old unsolvable puzzle, ad the deadly organization known for the past century as the Leadership.
What does Cain, history's greatest villain, have to do with the world's greatest hero? And what do two murders, committed thousands of years apart, have in common? This is the mystery at the heart of Brad Meltzer's riveting and utterly intriguing new thriller."

Even though I am on chapter 56, I will probably just start from the beginning.

On a unrelated note, the previews for "Jonah Hex" are ruining my happy place.

Here is what is on the first page of "The Book of Lies". I am excited all over again.
"The story of Cain and Abel take up just sixteen lines of the Bible.
It is arguably history's most famous murder.
But the story is silent about one key detail: the weapon Cain used to kill his brother.
It's not a rock. Or a sharpened stone.
And to this day, the world's first murder weapon is still lost to history."

And what, may you ask, strayed me from this book? Oh that would be some unknown tale called "Twilight".

I am almost a month behind on my Bible reading. Shame shame.

No comments: