I couldn't pick just one to share:
Absolutely, positively read this blog post: My favorite of the week.
The Panicked Sprint
I can't stop reading it.
You know people "get" you, when you do a favor for them, and thank you with a case of Cheez-Its
Books I bought
Sweet Water: Christina Baker Kline
Death in the Dark: Emily Kilmelman
Finding Casey- Jo-Ann Mapson (all free)
Books I read:
The Bone Box by Gregg Olsen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I didn't realize it was a novella until I finished it 45 minutes after I began. Good story always from Gregg Olsen.
View all my reviews
I can't make this up:
Polce find loaded gun in woman's vagina
Stars are in the playoffs!! Woo!!!
5 days later....
Next week is the season finale of The Following. Er. Merr. Gerrrd. I can't even imagine what's going to happen.
I don't like the "God doesn't exist" and trying to turn everyone against Him. Calm yourself, Kevin Williamson.
The phone rang at the hotel early this morning, it was a man with an odd accent, he said that our electric would be cut off today at 10:35am, and he was talking like he was a robot, but I could tell it was a human. When I tried to as questions he just kept talking. I asked "how long would it be off", and "what company are you with", etc, but he would not. He gave me a number to call, and I asked him to repeat it, just to confirm he was indeed human. He would not give me any information. I tell the bosslady, she calls him back and it was a scam, trying to get our account and credit card info.
What a turd.
I have gotten into True Detective. I am avoiding the internet at all cost regarding it, apparently there was a huge upset. I am on episode 3. Just like The Following, I had to sit through a whole lotta "God is Dead" BS. Let it go. I don't understand why being anti-God is the new thing. I have never pushed my views on anyone, and I won't.
I also started watching Six Feet Under and Firefly.
I have the season finale of The Following just sitting on my DVR. I am waiting for Scott.....
Finally after 5 seasons of Castle they are together. Finally. I cried. Tears.
Books I bought:
Ghosts of Blackwood Lane: Greg Enslen (free)
There was a 13-pack of thriller/mysteries for $0.99; I am making myself not open all 13 at one time.
More pics! Some I stole, some I took :)
I finally realized that of all the shows that I am watching on Netflix (DVD), paying $14 a month, I have 9 or 10 shows that are 10+ seasons long. By the time I finish them all (2 DVD's out at a time), that it would be much cheaper to just buy them used off of Amazon. I dropped my Netflix plan to one disc at a time, $4.99 a month, that way I can still do movies and if I want to try out a new show I can. If I had non-douchy internet, I could live like the rest of the world. #thestruggleisreal
Speaking of Amazon, I have only had one issue with buying items used, I ordered "Pearl Harbor" by Randall Wallace 5 years or so ago, and it took almost two months to arrive. When it did....wrong book. I did not leave a kind review. I <3 CSI:NY and I have been able to get the seasons for 3 and $4 each. Usually I order from Hastings, they are always cheap and relaible. This time I went with another vendor I shall not name. Now keep in mind I bought an entire season, ranging $20-25 for under two dollars.
The discs inside are perfect and they play great. I am still curious as to HOW a DVD case can get warped like that. Did they microwave it?
My favorite blog of the week:
217 Wrong Numbers
I have been highly disappointed listening to all of the covers of Lorde's song "Royals", (even you, Bruce Springsteen). This one Scott brought to my attention. I am not familiar with this artist, but I really like this cover.
Craig Campbell- Royals
So...this happened on Twitter:
Mark Wohlers, the greatest Atlanta Braves closer of all time was talking about his greatest baseball moment.
Turns out we have the same favorite moment.
And then...I fell off of the couch. He replied:
Well this is my whole life:
30 Problems That Only Introverts Will Understand.
1. Practicing conversations with people you’ll never talk to.
2. When you want to cut all ties to civilization but still be on the internet.
3. When your friend wants to invite more people over, and you don’t want to sound like a bad person by saying no.
4. When spending a heavenly weekend alone means that you’re missing out on time with friends.
5. And you fear that by doing so, you are nearing ‘hermit’ status.
6. When your ride at a party doesn’t want to leave early, and no one seems to understand your distress.
7. Trying to be extra outgoing when you flirt so your crush doesn’t think you hate them.
8. That feeling of dread that washes over you when the phone rings and you’re not mentally prepared to chat.
9. When you have an awesome night out, but have to deal with feeling exhausted for days after the fact.
10. People saying “Just be more social.”
11. When you’re able to enjoy parties and meetings, but after a short amount of time wish you were home in your pajamas.
12. Staying up late every night because it’s the only time that you can actually be alone.
13. People making you feel weird for wanting to do things by yourself.
14. Having more conversations in your head than you do in real life.
15. The need to recharge after social situations.
16. People calling you out for day dreaming too much.
17. Carrying a book to a public place so no one will bug you, but other people take that as a conversation starter.
18. People interrupting your thoughts, and you get irrationally angry.
19. Having to say “I kind of want to spend some time by myself” when you have to deal with that friend that always wants to hang out.
20. When you’re asked to do a group project, and know that you’re going to hate every minute of it.
21. When you hear the question “Wanna hang out?”, and your palms start to sweat with anxiety.
22. When you hear, “Are you OK?” or “Why are you so quiet?” for the umpteenth time.
23. Having visitors stay with you is a nightmare, because it means you have to be on at ALL TIMES.
24. When people stop inviting you places because you’re the one that keeps canceling plans.
25. Being horrified of small talk, but enjoying deep discussions.
26. When you need to take breaks and recharge after socializing for too long.
27. The requirement to think introspectively rather than go to someone else with your problems.
28. Not wanting to be alone, just wanting to be left alone. And people not understanding that.
29. When people mistake your thoughtful look for being shy, or worse, moody.
30. That people need to know that you aren’t mad, depressed or anti-social. You just need to not talk to anyone for a while. And that’s okay.
Today we had a loss in the family. Our truck transmission. RIP.
I have no idea how we are going to get to work.
But....I have faith.