Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 5 of 2012

January 29, 2012

Every crazy cat lady needs this:


They nailed Louisiana right on the head:


At work now. It seems like I have been here for hours, but alas, it it but 6:31. I will get off at 11pm, and return at 7am. It's a hard knock life.
~
January 30, 2012

Pretty good work day. I actually ate *real* potato salad and tried cabbage for the 1st time. These are 2 things I swore I would never eat or try again.



Trolled the Facebook and wrote a blog:
Scott in the Bayou State
~

January 31, 2012

This day didn't end nearly like I thought it would. It normally begins at 5:30am with my alarm, snoozing for 30 minutes, running through the house like mad, flying to work, and clocking in minutes early. This morning began an hour earlier with the phone ringing, and I never went back to sleep. Work was pretty good, minus the throbbing pain in my legs. All I wanted was to get off work, pick up my scrumptious pizza, go home, shower, and lay on the couch and watch 9 hours of Supernatural.
Wrongo.
My sister called and said my dad was acting sick again, and they were debating on whether or not to take him to the hospital. We congregated and decided yes, a trip was needed. An hour later he was finally convinced to get in the car and off we go. I commented that this is the only time to my knowledge, that I have been in a vehicle with both parents and both sisters. After what seems like 8 hours there, he finally got to see the doctor, they gave him some medicine to stabilize him, and we're home. Sounds simple enough, but the 6 hours in a confined space with my sisters was definitely an experience. I am now referred to as "The Ramp" in Bailey's phone.
I had an opportunity to take the picture of the year! A woman came in with her baby, approximately 2 months, and I could tell she was struggling holding the baby and trying to fill out paper work. I would have offered to hold the baby, but I would freak the foo out if a complete stranger wanted to touch MY spawn. She ended up putting the baby face down long ways in her lap, and balanced the clip board on top of the baby like a desk. That would have been EPIC! But, as per usual, my Blackberry battery was drained.

DIBS!!!


So everything turned out okay. Home now, about to crash. THANK YOU to Kerry who is swapping shifts with me tomorrow, so now I don't have to be at work in 4 hours!!
And much kudos to my mother. She put up with a lot of shit today. And I do mean that literally.
I applaud you, and you make me proud.
~

February 1, 2012

This is my last chance for a month with cold weather. This entire winter I have worn a jacket maybe 5 times. Forget my coat, it's still buried from last March. There are some cases, early in the morning I have been known to turn on the heater, but just to "warm up the room for Scott", or "warm the floor for Callie". But yeah. Every day at work I turn on the ac.

No word on how my dad is yet, when I texted my Mother he was still sleeping. I think he'll be okay.

Another big thank you to Kerry, who is working my shift this morning. I didn't get up until after 10am, I was beat! If I would have went to work at 7am, I would be laid up against the back wall.

Well it finally happened. It was like Final Destination. I was almost late the morning I overslept but I made it. The very next morning I forgot my phone and was stuck behind a stalled school bus. I have never been late. Until today. Now granted it wasn't but 3 minutes, but I feel like a failure. I went to leave around 2:20, and the truck would not crank. At 2:40, I came to terms I was not going to be at work by 2:50, so I called and let them know I was calling my mother who was in the school pickup line and she would come asap. Of course the truck cranked right before she got there, but it could KISS MY hiney. Scott is currently trying to install a new starter. We shall see.

I tried my first Cuban sandwich today. OMG! How have I never devoured this before!!!

Not the one I ate, but pretty darn close ^^^^

Thank you to my boss man & lady for feeding the fat girl.

Work has been good today. I climbed way too many flights of stairs than I wanted to. 2 more hours to go, then I am off tomorrow!!!
~

February 2, 2012
Today my dad had a doctor appointment, and being the lovely spawn we are, my sister and I went with he and my mom. And by went I mean we dropped them off at the doctor and went makeup shopping.



^^^
Evidence my dad is a special man ;) He got out of the car and left the door open. We went in the clinic, only to stay about 5 minutes, and my mother was like "yeah, y'all can leave."
They had a cave troll.



We were going to the Walmart, then we realized that nothing on Keyser Avenue had power. After mocking people going in and then coming right back out of Walmart looking ever so disappointed, the power came back on, but we went to Rite Aid instead. Rebecca bought all kind of makeup on sale. I bought light bulbs. Like an old lady.

When you pull up at the doctor's office, this is what you see.....
not a good sign.


Rebecca said they should put up a sign that says "Oops".

My hair is freshly dyed. I am waiting to see the turnout. It can't be worse than last time. I looked like a lemon.
~
February 3, 2012

Now I am not going to say this is the worst my hair color has looked, but darn if it hasn't been close. It isn't the grayish-brown tone, or the lifeless sack of straw it LOOKS like, but it feel like burlap.

It doesn't depict just exactly how much I look like a gray crayon.

Not much other than work going on right now. Going to work 12 hours tomorrow. Fun times.

Follow the Yellow Brick Road... on Twitpic


No more naked Pinterest
I blogged^^
~
February 4, 2012

12:00am-3:30am
Cleaned kitchen, watching 3/4 of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" with Bailey. Passed out on couch.

Up and on my way to pick up Scott from work:



The yard not only flooded, the ditches are overflowing, the creek we have to drive over is flooded, and it's pouring like mad!




I crashed in bed. I couldn't fall asleep though.


Off to work. Things were good the first 6 hours or so. Then the lack of sleep started to kick in.


So I did what any normal person does: I ate dinner:


Thank you Lean Cuisine.

Around 9pm, the accessories had to GO:


Only 2 more hours!

I have THE most awesome friends:
Me: If I can make it to 11pm I will have survived what feels like the longest shift ever.
Awesome friend: You can make it! Drink a bunch of coffee or try some crystal meth.

So I finally made it! I am free!! I get almost to my mom's house and my phone rings:
Me: Hello?
Scott: Um, the key?
Me: What key?
Scott: *silence*
Me: Oh my giddy aunt, it's in my pocket.

I picked up Bailey, and had to drive BACK to the hotel. He comes out to get the key, and I totally got busted with the 3 Musketeers I ate from the vending machine. But!! I was so excited I found $2 in my pocket, I ran to the machine and bought chocolate and Cheetos. Like a boss.

So, we FINALLY get on our way, and I notice I am almost out of gas.
BALLS!!!

I freeze pumping gas, at $3.30 a gallon I might add, and we just did this 3 days ago, so NOW, we are finally on our way home! At 11:45!

I assured her staying with me last night was not going to be all that and a bag of chips. Mainly because I ate all the chips.

She and Callie had a jolly ol' time. We made it almost to the end of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.


She looks like, "yes, I will sit here all prim and proper until you attempt to lay down or read, then I'm all in your face:


I wonder sometimes...


So there is my week. Work and sleep. Again.




No comments: