Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week 2 of 2012

January 8, 2012

Meh. That's the word of the day. I am not getting over this sickness. The plan was to pick up Scott at 7am, buy some food and medicine, and then come home and sleep until noon. Wrong. He has to work again tonight, however, I am not complaining at all. I go in at 3, work until 11, he will relieve me at 11, and I will come back and relieve him at 7am, then he will come pick me up at 3. It's like a seesaw :)
I read that if you gargle with salt water it will help a sore throat. I will try anything at this point.
I am attempting to watch the latest episode of "Grey's Anatomy". For the past 3 or 4 seasons, it feels like a burden to have to watch these. I will remain a loyal fan, but my Lord, end it already. I haven't recovered from the musical episode. If not for Cristina, I would have stopped a long time ago.
I remember season one and 2 were the best. Maybe it's because I don't like the main character.

Holy Batman the air conditioning just kicked on! In January! Welcome to Louisiana.

6 more hours of work. Home for 7 hours, then back for 8 more hours. Too bad I won't be able to enjoy this paycheck, I have it spent already with the checks I have to send out.

Why Mommy Drinks

Blog I just wrote^^^

Duuuddeee, the crazies are out today.

Just got a text, a guy I went to school with died today. This makes me sad.

This is how I got through the rest of my shift:


It's 11:43pm and I should be sleeping since I have to be back at work at 7am. Not in the least tired. I was afraid to take any medicine in fear I wouldn't hear the alarm go off. I do not like sleeping when Scott isn't here. Don't tell him I said that. But hey, he is making money so I am not complaining.

Well I am going to lay down and stare at the ceiling for a couple of hours.
Love.
~
January 9, 2012

Roll Tide.


~

January 10, 2012
I am exhausted. I went into work at 7am, and got off at 8pm. I am home on the couch still listening to the details of last nights football game.
I think I will sit here a minute and go crash in bed.

January 11, 2012
I watched Paranormal Activity last night. I am emotionally scarred. I was scared to go to sleep. The last scene of the movie did me in.
I dropped my Blackberry in the kitchen sink. So far it's working.
I made Jess' Baked Ziti for dinner. Nom.
I still have this horrible cough. It's a life ruiner. We all know what happens when I cough.
I have been drinking cough syrup and eating cough drops like candy. Nothing is helping.
Me, no makeup, hair unfixed, wrapped up in a sweatshirt, eating a cough drop.


I am finally going to get some sleep tonight. Nyquil will make sure of that. I can't take it when I have to get up at 5:30am, because I know I would probably sleep through the alarm. I just need one night of cough-free sleep.

January 12, 2012.

I did sleep last night, but about 5am the coughing got worse. I am aching so bad that I didn't get up to go get my paycheck today. I have taken every medicine and done every remedy I can think of. I haven't coughed too much since I got out of the shower. The inside of my mouth and the back of my throat feels like hot, smooth, raw skin. My rib cage feels like I was repeatedly punched. I am so hungry but I am afraid to eat anything. I don't want to disturb the dormant beast.
~

January 13, 2012
I ended up taking every medicine in the house and sleeping until 1am. I then woke up coughing like crazy, so I came and laid on the couch, not wanting to wake Scott. Now I am up, showered, and on the laptop. I can barely hold my eyes open though. But I have to deposit my check before noon, so getting dressed and taming the hair beast must happen soon.

I didn't exactly tame the hair beast, I just pulled it up in a messy bun. No makeup, wrinkled shirt, we went to the bank and Walmart. We blended, no worries. Home now, had a NOMNOM lunch of turkey and cheese croissants, and now I am mustering up the energy to collect all of my clothes to wash. My head and rib cage are pounding. I will survive this!

I was semi productive. Went to my mother's, dropped off the laundry, went by the post office, filled the truck up with gas, now I am back on the couch. Complaining about how much in pain I am.

I did get to play Dr. Mario. My fav of ALL the Mario's.

Scott is being a dove and cooking dinner. Mainly because what he wanted I have never cooked before, I would probably mess it up.

Dinner was good. Napped for 2 hours. I just took 4 Ibuprofen, so maybe that will take the soreness away. Man I can't wait until I can ramble about nothingness instead of my aches and woes!

My power bill more than doubled from the last bill. I blame the space heater.

I recall a tard moment as a kid. And by kid, I was probably 19 or so. There was an infomercial about a book for home remedies. One was "if you have an earache, try a hair dryer on low right outside of your ear", and there was another, I can't remember what it was even for, but you stuck your hand in ice water. Being the genius I am, I remember the earache, and submerging my hand in a bowl of ice until the thing almost rotted off like Jack Dawson's legs.
Sitting here with a mild earache, I am reminded of that story.
Ah, memories.
I think I will go to bed. Scott's at work, took medicine, popped in a Fringe DVD. G'night!

January 14, 2012

Literally too sick for anything. If you know me, you know that I DO NOT go to the doctor. I may have to give in. This is ridiculous. Such a blog killer.


No comments: