Sunday, March 4, 2012

The day Kirk Cameron disappoints me


Y'all knew I wasn't going to let this go...
I know almost every one has read this interview that Kirk Cameron gave.

80s sitcom star turned religious activist Kirk Cameron is not a fan of homosexuality and he isn't shy about sharing his feelings on the subject.
During a new interview with Piers Morgan the "Growing Pains" heartthrob who transitioned from a "teen-idol-atheist in Hollywood and became a devoted follower of Jesus Christ in the middle of [his] career" explained that he believes homosexuality is "unnatural... I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

On the issue of marriage equality Cameron remarked, "Marriage was defined by God a long time ago. Marriage is almost as old as dirt, and it was defined in the garden between Adam and Eve -- one man, one woman for life till death do you part. So I would never attempt to try to redefine marriage. And I don't think anyone else should either. So do I support the idea of gay marriage? No, I don't."

When asked what he would do if one of his six kids told him, "Dad, bad news, I'm gay," Cameron responded, "I'd sit down and I'd have a heart to heart with them, just like you'd do with your kids."

Morgan shot back, "I'd say, 'That's great, son! As long as you're happy.' What would you say?"

Cameron offered, "I wouldn't say 'That's great, son, as long as you're happy.' There are all sorts of issues we need to wrestle through in our life... Just because you feel one way doesn't mean we should act on everything we feel."


So here are his fellow actors responses via Twitter.

Zack Braff:
If Kirk Cameron hates gay people, why was he best friends with Boner?

Debra Messing:
i want to thank Piers Morgan for his response to what he wud say to HIS child if (s)he came out: "Great, as long as you're happy"--

Christopher Rice:
Kirk Cameron says marriage was defined by God in the Garden of Eden. No response from Cameron on why the world isn't full of talking snakes.

Craig Ferguson:
Rush makes me ashamed to be a middleaged white man and Kirk Cameron makes me ashamed to be a failed actor. We don't all think like that NoH8

Jordan Knight:
Ted Haggard vehemently opposed gays as well. Wonder why? He couldn't accept himself...... in my opinion. #justsayin

Roseanne Barr:
kirk or kurt or whatever cameron is an accomplice to murder with his hate speech. so is rick warren. their peers r killing gays in uganda.

Dave Holmes:
Remember yesterday afternoon, when Kirk Cameron's views were none of our concern? Let's restore America to that golden age.

Josh Charles:
I know Growing Pains was only a tv show, but I have to think both Alan Thicke & Joanna Kerns must feel they failed as parents tonight.

Jonathan Millhouse:
Kirk Cameron says "homosexuality is unnatural." Homosexuality occurs in over 450 species; homophobia only occurs in one.


This was my facebook status...

David Mack:
Kirk Cameron thinks homosexuality is "unnatural" & "ultimately destructive". Well, Kirk, that's how I feel about ignorance, bigotry & hate.

Randy Rainbow:
I used to want to marry Kirk Cameron when I was a kid. But after the bigoted anti-gay comments he recently made, I really want to.

Guy Endore-Kaiser
"Knock knock." "Who's there?" "Kirk Cameron." "Kirk Cameron who?" "Exactly."


Cristine Teigen:
have kirk cameron's thoughts gone back to being irrelevant yet or should I stay in bed today?

Sarah Colonna:
Wish I could go to the 80s & un-buy that Kirk Cameron poster. Loving God but spreading hate has never made sense to me

Damian Holbrook:
Funny I always thought being Kirk Cameron was unnatural, detrimental and instructive

Katherine Ryan:
Shame on all of you for giving Kirk Cameron a hard time. As if we liked him for anything but that pretty, pretty face in the first place.

Nick Stadler:
Kirk Cameron says homosexuality is detrimental. My earliest homosexual fantasies were about Kirk Cameron. Ergo, Kirk Cameron is detrimental.

Mark Campbell:
Kirk Cameron called homosexuality 'detrimental and ultimately destructive.' Which also describes his films.

John Fugelsang:
Dear Kirk Cameron -I never said a damned thing about gay people so get a new name for your religion; mine's taken.-Jesus

Jodi Thibodeou:
There are a lot of gay guys ditching their Teen Beat magazines today. Open your eyes and your mind Kirk Cameron.

Lee Dowell:
According to the IMDb Kirk Cameron hasn't acted in anything for over 4 years, why was he on Piers Morgan?

Billy Eichner:
So great to hear what Kirk Cameron thinks about gay people. Anybody know where Tina Yothers stands on the death penalty?

Emily Green:
hey kirk cameron, why don't you leave the judgements up to God.

Ryan Martin:
To be fair to Kirk Cameron, I bled out of my eyes when I watched "Left Behind" in a homemade ball gown and roller skates.




YOU disappoint me Kirk.


No comments: