Sunday, November 6, 2011

'Tis the season. Or not.

While it is no surprise that I am a complete Grinch during the Christmas holidays, or any day for that matter, there are some things that I do enjoy during the Christmas Season. All 108 days of it.

The "Peter" Folgers Commercial.


Home Alone.


How the Grinch Stole Christmas (that I watch year-round)

I have watched this no less than 100 times and I still laugh.

Gingerbread Men

Because they're flippin' adorable

I like the commercial where "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" is played with the Hershey Kisses. But ONLY on Christmas Eve.

Christmas cartoons, i.e. Charlie Brown, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph.
NOT to be confused with crappy Christmas Specials. Those I loathe.

The fact that it is cold. Or in Louisiana, I have to put on my windbreaker and turn off one of the 3 fans.


Poinsettias. I know they stink, and I kill every one I buy.


National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (that I also watch year-round)



Snowmen
snowman marketing Pictures, Images and Photos

Time with my family. Although in the hotel industry, I know I will probably have to work Christmas morning. Drat. But, I really love what I do, and the "we have to be here 24-7" comes with the job.

And last but not least....my all time favorite movie....





A Christmas Story. 24 glorious hours of it. I bought the DVD, but refuse to watch it before December. I couldn't begin to count how many times I have seen it. This will be my 33rd Christmas. On average I watch it 10 times a year. Sheesh.

I heard Christmas music playing on November 1st, thus the inevitable "Why I am a Grinch" blog will happen.
Or in the words of Cam Newton, "soonly".

No comments: