Wednesday, November 30, 2011

And let there be light.

I have never attempted to hang Christmas lights in my life. Some things I just know that I will not be able to do. I was correct. Thank you to my husband for hanging them, and my sister for supervising.

I blurred her out so she wouldn't club me to death.


I can't remember exactly why I started raking pine straw, but I did, and we burned it.
Lesson to the lesser wise, such as myself. If you throw a 20 oz plastic bottle into a fire, take off the lid. It will shoot off like a rocket and catch your shoe on fire. Just saying.

Not a good day for my shoes either. I slipped in dog poo. If I had fell in it, I would have lost a Horcrux. I did find a new home for the shoes.


I went to my mom's to get my Christmas tree. I thought it was perfect!


Clearly I was mistaken, and was given this as well. Given that our house is SO small, and there is no extra room for anything, I had to dissemble the aquarium (no fish in it anyway), and put the tree on top of the stand. This is what it looked like when I put the lights on.


And this is Scott fixing my lights....


The finished result:


I had extra lights. I decided to hang them in the kitchen window. With hospital surgical tape. I'm that special.

I even got a little bit of Paula Deen in my yard..


Every tree needs an armadillo on it. With a plastic tie in place of a hook.


The final result. You can't see my pink flamingos, but they're there :)
This just reeks of #LouisianaLife


On an unrelated note...


teehee

No comments: