Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Week 1, 2014

Ah, the first week of the new year, otherwise known as "in which I froze". Like for real. It is supposed to be 10 degrees tonight. This is Louisiana, people!!


I blogged:
Recipes: Baked Sausage and Pasta

I am finally getting rid of the 6-month old stuff I have hoarded on the DVR. True Blood. Wow. Just when I think it couldn't suck any worse. I hate it, but continue to watch. Grey's Anatomy. End already. I have to watch it though. Criminal Minds. Brilliant as always.
I DVR'd (in HD no less) all episodes of Sherlock. This is why I have no space.
I need to hurry and get a new Blu Ray player so I can catch up on Downton Abbey.
Alabama lost the Sugar Bowl. Meh.
I watched Pacific Rim. You're going to see it stars Charlie Hunnam and Idris Elba. Don't let this fool you. Special effects aside...just no.
I introduced Scott to Sherlock :)

Lily was adorable as ever.
Steven always has on a North Carolina hat, so to be the cool aunt, I was going to get Lily a baby NC hat. If one existed. No luck. I did the next best thing:


I finished reading:

The Turtle Boy (Timmy Quinn #1)The Turtle Boy by Kealan Patrick Burke

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I must be the only person who absolutely hated this book.



View all my reviews

Just....no

And this next book-
This also was free on the Kindle. This was the review that sold me on buying it:
"Camy Simone rated it 4 of 5 stars
This book was National Treasure meets Indiana Jones with The DaVinci Code mixed in. At times, the events and situations surrounding the characters were fantastical and they traveled in and out of countries as easily as the average person would go to the grocery store. Just as soon as the worst seems to have befallen the lead characters, they bounced back and continued the quest. That being said, I loved it. If you are a fan of National Treasure and Indiana Jones with the additive secrecy surrounding the DaVinci Code, you will love it too. It's an easy read that held my interest to the very end"
And here is my review:
Elisha's BonesElisha's Bones by Don Hoesel

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I really couldn't tell you anything about this book other than at the end **spoiler ahead** the man dude and his ex wife are dying, so they hold the magic bones and come back to life. The end.



View all my reviews

I have 21 open books on my Kindle carousel right now. It's a wonder that I finish anything.

I hope your week was good!!!

No comments: