Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Week 33. The #icebucketchallenge. Sinuses trying to murder my face.

I got made fun of a lot this week. No particular reason, just the norm.





So Bailey and I go to El Nopal for lunch. We walk in, they always greet us, then seat us. The dude smiles, then turns and walks towards the tables. I follow him. He starts to clean and table and looks at me weird. We stand there. He motions for me to sit at a table next to him. I THEN realize he was not the dude who seats us, but the table cleaning guy. I felt sheepish. Bailey wouldn't stop mocking me.

After I finished reading the Divergent Trilogy, I said I wasn't going to watch any of the movies, I didn't care for how the series ended. I watched Divergent. Liked it. Got sucked back in.


Fay: A NovelFay: A Novel by Larry Brown

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I liked everything about this book, aside from the very ending. Can't these people just be happy??



View all my reviews


I joined Kindle Unlimited, and they probably didn't have people like me in mind when they offered this service, I learned you can only have ten borrowed books at a time :)
I wanted to reread the Harry Potter books (again), and I am spoiled by the Kindle that I tried to buy them (don't judge me I have several Kindle books and the actual book) but to buy them you have to do it through Pottermore, which is based in London, and my banking will not allow international payments. I tried to use Paypal, but no go. SO, this way I can just borrow the books anytime I want.
I currently borrowed:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
An Imperfect Witch- Debora Geary
The Neighbors- Ania Ahlborn
The Bird Eater (which is terrifying)-Ania Ahlborn
Chips of Red Paint- K. Martin Beckner
The Snowball Effect- James Patterson
Memory Scents- Gayle Eileen Curtis
A Winter's Tale- Mark Helprin
Weekend Warriors by Fern Michaels

I noticed most of the books that are available from BookBub and Pixel of Ink (normally free or .99-$2) are also on the Unlimited List, so I don't feel as bad when I get a free book and it sucks. Now I can just return it instead of screaming OH MY GOD IT'S TAKING UP SPACE ON MY KINDLE and then delete it. Win Win. Drama Llama scene avoided.
I now own:
Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs
Adventures in Funeral Crashing- Milda Harris
The Unfinished Gift- Dan Walsh
Shattered Palms- Toby Neal
The Agatha Christie Book Club- C.A. Larmer


The greatest thing that has happened all week:


I cooked:
Frito Taco Bake




Natchitoches, Louisiana was named "Best Historic Attraction" in Louisiana!!
Come visit us. Just do it.
Stay at Hampton Inn. Not that I work there......

A guest just called the Front Desk:
Guest: I am trying to connect to your WIFI
FD: Yes maam, it's the ATT or Hilton
Guest: So not the Huddle House?
FD: No ma'am.

Yep.
I never get the good calls anymore, just people wanting to speak to a manager. All the people wanting all the things!
"yeah....I'm gonna need 32 connecting rooms with a helipad and a pink monkey...."

What the what? I cooked again!
Tossed Chicken Pasta Salad


I am sick again. I hate when my sinuses are a butthole. They are draining and settling into my ear and jaw. I can't eat!! Fat girl likes food! I can't even chew or sleep very long because if I roll over and the air hits my ear I die a little.
I haven't seen my family in a week.
Lily may forget me and smile the next time I see her, this is serious!


My adorable-but-hates-me-cousin Hunter turned 5 today :)

I straight up stole this picture from his mom's Facebook.

Dark PlacesDark Places by Gillian Flynn

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I liked this book. I did. I made it to 70%, and then just skipped to the last few chapters. I just wanted to know who slaughtered the entire family, and was the wrongly accused going to get out of jail. I lost interest in the characters, I cheated and skipped to the end. I did find out and went "ooohhh, that's good!".
So yeah.



View all my reviews


There is nothing, I repeat NOTHING that the cat is staring at but the wall. Blair Witch stuff going on here:


This is been me this entire week:


We close out the week regarding the weeks post popular trend, the #icebucketchallenge :














No comments: