Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Tossed Chicken Pasta Salad

This recipe took effort. I am not a fan of work.
However, I did get three lunches out of it.
Since the chicken was a precooked Rotisserie, I had to Google how long it would last before I had to throw it out, the result was 4 days. So, I made two lunches and froze the third day.
For a normal eating person, you could probably get 4, but we know I eat like a cow.
Only I don't eat grass. Or chew a cud.
MOVING ON!

You need:
Pasta of your choice, I like Rotini
1/2 cup of Olive Oil
A small block of Mozzarella
Tomato (I used Roma)(Original recipe said to use use cherry tomatoes which may be better, but I'd rather sniff a poot than have one of those things in my mouth)
A rotisserie chicken (whatever kind you like)
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
I found this nifty thing at the grocery store


Now. Ya'll know I don't have any cooking sense. This recipe said to use a cup of Basil. Now IDK if that means a cup of this:

or like real life Basil that you chop up. EITHER WAY that is a ridonkulus amount. I used maybe 2 tablespoons.


Cook the pasta, dump it in a colander, rinse with cold water. Let it sit.
Put the chicken in the microwave for one minute so it's easier to rip off the bone.
Rip the chicken, shred it how you like it.
Dice the tomato and mozzarella.
Spray the tomato until those horrible seeds go away. Okay, that's just me.
I sprinkled the Salad Seasoning and Garlic Powder over the pasta, mixed it up, and shook it good until all of the water was gone.
Mix the Olive Oil, Basil, and a shake or two of salt and pepper in a bowl.
Add in the chicken, then cheese, then pasta.
I'm not gonna lie I mixed it all up with my hands and made sure all of the oil made it to the top.
Then I died before I got a chance to wash it all off.
When it was mixed thoroughly, I added the tomatoes.

When I put the Oil in, I lightly coated it with Basil, then when I mixed up everything I added a little bit more, with more Salad Seasoning and Garlic Powder.

I then scrubbed my hands with Dawn for an hour.

This is a buttload of pasta, and like I said for a normal person this is a week's worth of lunch or enough to feed a slew of folks for dinner.
It says serve hot or cold, I tried it cold for lunch the following day.
Loved it. It needs something else, but I cant quite figure it out.

Here you go, you happy picture liking people:

Of course there was more cheese on the top but I ate it.








No comments: