Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Recipes: Easy Garlic Shrimp

This was totes magotes. Super easy and fast.
Like me.
Minus the fast part.


What you need:
Shrimp, peeled and deveined. I bought the frozen raw kind and then just ran cold water over it.
Salt and pepper to taste.
A swish or two of olive oil
6 garlic cloves, crushed, minced fine (I just scooped 2 tbl of minced garlic and cooked it down)
2 tbsp cold butter
Parsley, to your taste. I didn't think I liked it. I was mistaken.
1/2 of lemon, juiced

Drain the shrimp. Do it real good.
Season with salt & pepper.
Add the olive oil to a skillet, when the oil is hot, add the shrimp and sauté for around 2 minutes, or til the shrimp is kind of pink.
Add the garlic, and sauté for 1 minute. If you used minced garlic from a jar, it takes a little bit longer to cook down.
Add the cold butter, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for another minute, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
Turn off the heat and stir in the parsley and lemon juice.
This gets cold really quick, so nom it up quick.
Enjoy.

No comments: