Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Recipes: Cheesy Chicken & Wild Rice

I received a recipe and liked almost everything about it.
I made it today, just threw it in a crock pot before work.

What you need:
Chicken breast (I used 4)
10.5 oz Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
A packet of Dry Onion Soup
A cup of shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
Rice of your choosing. I used Zatarain's Wild Rice

Put the chicken in the bottom of the crock pot. Mine was half frozen.
Cover it with the dry onion soup, and glob the condensed COC on top.
Cook on low for 8 hours.

When I got home I semi shredded it with a spoon, added the cheese, and stirred a lot.
I made the Wild Rice, and just kind of mixed it all together.



It was pretty good. I am not a fan of shredded chicken, but Scott said he liked it and it was a keeper.

Here is the original recipe I had in case you like more normal things.
From SouthernPlate.com:

Ingredients

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 large onion, chopped (I use Vidalia)
1 -8 ounce box Zatarain's Yellow Rice Mix, cooked according to directions
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 - 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup (regular or fat free)
1 -15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
Instructions

Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Scatter chopped onion over top. Spoon cream soup over top of that. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. A few minutes before serving, add in cooked rice, corn, and cheese. Stir to combine. Serve hot.

!-- Place this tag where you want the su badge to render -->

No comments: