Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Recipes: Cheesy Cheesy Meaty Ziti

I cooked again. I already have a very nom Ziti recipe Jess-ipes: My Delicious Baked Ziti, so when I saw this one I didn't even want to try. They are nothing the same, so I can love them equally. You don't even have to use Ziti for this, but when I try a new recipe I usually try to stick to it as much as possible because most of my improv ideas never work.

Simple:
1 lb ground beef
1 pack of taco seasoning
1/2 block of cream cheese (I dumped it all in there bc most of it stuck to the paper)
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar (you know I used the whole bag)
1 cup water
As much Ziti as you want. I used 3/4 of the box bc it wouldn't fit in the little boiler, which is a lot easier to get out of the cabinet than the big boiler)

Preheat the oven to 350.
Brown the meat, boil the pasta.
Drain the meat, add taco seasoning and water.
Stir.
Add cream cheese, stir until it's all mixed together.
Complain that the pasta is still not boiled and you don't have time for that.
Cook pasta until it's almost done. In my mind that means not crunchy.
Add pasta to baking pan, add half of the shredded cheese, then meat mixture, then rest of cheese.
It said to bake uncovered for 30 minutes, but after 23 minutes, the cheese was starting to brown.
We can't have burned cheese.

So we gobbled it up before I thought to take a picture.
No spectacular images, just meat with cheese on top.
Use your imagination.

Enjoy.


No comments: