Saturday, September 15, 2012

Recipes: Onion Dip





This is one of the things I make where I can't decide if I like it or not. Now don't get me wrong, I ate over half of it, but there is just something about it that I can't put my finger on. It tastes delightful. It sounds retarded, but it tastes sweet. I know, I use sweet onions, blah blah. Next time I will add salt.
AND, it makes your house smell rank for at least 2 days.
But enjoyable.

Take 2 sweet onions. Slice. Put 2-3 tbl of olive oil in a skillet.

Add the onions and stir occasionally until caramelized. It took about 25 minutes of complaining that my eyes are burning until I took them out. When they're brown and sticky, you're good to go.
Put them in a bowl, stick them in the fridge for about 45 minutes.

When they are good and cold, dig out your blender, and if you don't have one, those 45 minutes are a good time to go get one.
Add 1/2 cup of buttermilk, a teaspoon of salt, and a cup of sour cream.


And yeah, from the finger down is how much buttermilk I have left in my fridge. It's yours. Please come get it.



Puree.

Stick it back in the fridge for about an hour.

The first night I ate it with chips, but the second day I decided to be healthy and crap and ate it with raw green beans. Try it. Delish.

Enjoy.


No comments: