Friday, August 31, 2012

Recipes: Creamy Mushroom Chicken

It doesn't look pretty, but this is quite possibly the best thing you will put in your mouth all year. If I wouldn't go into some glucose+pasta+creamy+delicious-ness coma, I would eat the entire thing.

Make this!!

4 chicken breasts.


Mushrooms

1/2 cup of dry cooking wine

8 oz of Chive & Onion Cream Cheese

Pack of dry Italian dressing

2 cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
4 tbl of butter.
Use your own imagination

Melt the butter and Italian dressing in a pan/skillet.
Add the COM, the cream cheese, and the wine. Stir until the cream cheese is melted.

Place the mushrooms in the bottom of the crock pot. Oh yeah. You're going to need a crock pot. Probably should have mentioned that.
Anyway...
Then place the chicken breasts on top of the mushrooms.
Pour your mixture over the chicken/mushrooms.

Cook on low.

After you stalk the cooker for 5 hours, it looks exactly the same.

Take the chicken out, cut it into bite size pieces, then put it back in the sauce.

Cook your angel hair pasta, while the cut up chicken absorbs the wonderful mixture.

I said I was going to wait until it thickened before I tried it, because it looked a little soupy. I don't "do" soupy.

But I couldn't help myself.

The chicken is so tender!!


I don't even need the pasta, when it cools down and gets thicker, I am just going to eat it out of the bowl.


**Meanwhile, at fat camp.....*








Original recipe on Noble Pig

No comments: