Monday, October 11, 2010

Thank you Skipper!


I don't have any memories of not being a Braves fan.


I remember the season they went from worst to first, making playoff after playoff, and the World Series win of '95.
I even got a chance to see them at Turner Field in September '02 and September '08. I was more excited the first time I saw Bobby Cox than any player.



My mom always used to say "he just looks like the nicest man". Granted I've read his lips for over 20 years, so I know what his curse words of choice are, but he's always been there, even as the players I got attached to left.


But tonight I had to say goodbye, with a tear or two, as the Braves lost Game 4 to the Giants, thus ending his Major League managing career.
On asked about his retirement, he said "I am not leaving, I am moving on".



I will miss his waddle to the mound....




Bobby says goodbye

No comments: