Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Give a little thanks



Thanksgiving is tomorrow. No doubt trying to cook Thanksgiving Dinner for the first time, along with my sister, is going to be both stressful and nerve racking.
I then realize the people who will be alone, or without food to eat. That makes me feel guilty about having every bird imaginable cooking in the kitchen.

It makes me sad my husband is in Alabama, and I miss him terribly. But it won't be long until he will be here, and all will be right again.

I wrote a blog last year for all the things I am thankful for. I thank the Lord every day for all the blessings in my life, even though most days my status somewhere is "I hate everything".

I would be lost without my Mother who forgets EVERYTHING. My sister Bailey, who does that weird growling noise when she sleeps. My sister Rebecca who is currently holding the camera hostage and refuses to let me eat cookie dough instead of the baked cookie I don't want. My brother in law, Steven, who's buttcrack I have seen more of than my own husband, and reeks of hand sanitizer. My father who sleeps in the recliner and smells like a muskrat most of the time. My husband, 500 miles away, working his flat rear end off, and who agreed to uproot our entire life and move here, so I can be close to the aforementioned people.

This is definitely going to be an interesting year to come.

No comments: