Sunday, February 19, 2012

Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta

I cooked a meal. *insert fanfare*

I will post the original recipe at the end in case you actually want to eat it. I never follow a recipe correctly. Usually because I never have the right ingredients on hand.

Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta.

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
Any type of thin spaghetti. I like vermicelli.
Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
8 oz heavy cream
2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes. I always make my own, but today I cheated and bought them in a bag.
Salt
Basil
Black pepper
Garlic powder. You can also use minced garlic. I am lazy.
Shredded Colby Jack. Just because it's my favorite.

Boil pasta.
Cut up the chicken breasts, coat in cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere's) and garlic powder. Sautee in butter until salmonella goes away.
Add tomatoes, cream, black pepper, basil, a pinch of salt to chicken mixture.
Let it thicken.
You can either pour it on top of the pasta, or mix it all together. I am a mixer.

What mine looked like:


Never mind what it is supposed to look like.

Original:
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta

My first entry.
Pinterest things I accomplished

1 comment:

Lisa said...

My original post said 32 oz cream. Um, no.