Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Recipes: Sausage Pasta

Oh y'all. You have to try this. It is wonderful for so many reasons.
A) It's simple. Always a plus.
B) It's yummy for my tummy.
Well that's about it, but still....make this!!

What you need:
A swish of olive oil.
Smoked sausage. I use Polska Kielbasa.
8 oz (ish)pasta of your choice. I love farfalle, but I had rotini on hand, so that was that.
Diced onions. A cup and a half. Ish.
2 cloves of minced garlic. Chopped, cut, whatever. Scott did it.
10 oz can of Rotel. Your choice of spiciness. I am a wuss, I use medium.
2 cups of chicken broth.
Half a cup of heavy cream.
A pack of shredded cheese. Your choice. I use Colby Jack.
Salt and pepper.

Swish the olive oil in your skillet.
Brown the onions and sausage on medium high heat. First I didn't have it high enough, then it was too high.
So dramatic. Cook until brown, or as long as it takes your husband to do whatever he did to the garlic cloves.
Add garlic cloves.

Stir about a minute.
Add everything but the cheese. Add the pasta in dry, no pre boiling. I have to admit this is why this recipe caught my eye.
Turn the heat to high, stir, stir, until boiling.
Watch it boil, and complain that "there is no way this pasta is going to cook all sticking out like this".

Reduce heat to low-medium, put a lid on it.
Stalk it for 15 minutes ish.
I added a swish more of heavy cream because I was convinced it wasn't going to soften the pasta.
It did. It was perfect.
Add a cup of shredded cheese, it should melt instantly. I suppose using one cup total would be enough, but I <3 cheese. Add the rest of the cheese on top, put the lid on it, get your plate, your beverage, make someone try it first. It's super creamy and delish!!!

Enjoy.



No comments: