Thursday, August 19, 2010

Monotony at its finest

Not much has been going on lately. I decided to catch up on some reading, but I tend to get bored with a book, no matter how good it is, so I decided to try a reading roulette. I read 1 section (there are no chapters) of the book I am currently reading, Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult, then 2 days worth of Scriptures from my Bible reading plan (because I am a month behind), 2 chapters of Harry Potter (so I can reread the entire series), and 2 or 3 chapters of another one of my favorite books, The 5 Greatest Warriors, by Matthew Reilly.
I made a list, of course, so I don't get confused, and so far I've finished the 1st Potter, and almost done with the 2nd, I am just a few days behind on Scriptures, 5 sections left for Vanishing Acts, and almost done with 5GW.
My OCD geeky list
I don't know how well this will do when I have more than one book that I haven't read, and how my attention span will hold, but I like doing this. I wish I would have been more thorough when I was in school.

This is what my table looks like all the time.

I was worried all summer about my niece's first day of high school. She isn't one to welcome change, and has had the same teaching aids since early elementary, so I figured her first day she would bust out crying and I would have to go get her. But so far, it's been good. Her Aunt Deb has been taking her and picking her up lately, so yesterday was the first day I had to pick her up, and I didn't know where to go, because being in Special Ed, she doesn't interact with the rest of the students, just the ones in her class. I went to the area that Deb told me to go to, but when I got to the door she was supposed to come out of, I noticed that was the bus line. There were no teachers or other drivers around, so I was going to wait until I saw someone, and then ask. I saw the S.E. bus pull up, I was going to get out and ask her, but I saw another bus coming, so I waited. He pulls up next to me, and said "I need to park my bus right there", and I said "I'm sorry, I was just wondering..", and he cut me off, saying "I don't care about that, I SAID I need to park my bus RIGHT THERE!!". Normally, this is when Towanda kicks in and I start yelling back, but it caught me off guard. I just drove off. I sat in student parking for about 2 minutes, and THEN Towanda kicked in. I was going to confront him about me just trying to ask a question, since I was in a new place. But I never saw him. I did ask the S.E. bus driver, and she said I was in the right place, just the wrong end, and that the disabled children came out of one door, and the mentally challenged the other.
So now I know.
Asshole driver.

No comments: