Friday, March 16, 2012

Week 10 & 11 of 2012

March 4, 2012
I went to my cousin's baby shower today. All that estrogen in one room was overwhelming. The food was good. I rubbed her belly in hope that this child will like me.


I spent the rest of the day raking the yard and burning the leaves. I smell weird.
~
March 5, 2012

Work was CRAZY today. But I finished, left everything in order, to my knowledge, and now I am home perched on the couch. TWO more off days!!
Rebecca and I walked on the track. I can't figure out why on my foot, between my big toe and ankle feels like it's going to break into pieces. Most people would stay off a foot if it hurt.
Moving on...

I forgot Scott at work today. My. Bad.

I made possibly the world's greatest pork chops for dinner.
~
March 6, 2012

Another thing one probably shouldn't do with an open wound and swollen ankle is mow the grass. Particularly with a yard full of holes from a hoarding dog, sticks, sweet gum balls, and a hateful cat that likes to make me fall. But, I mowed all the grass, and have my yard looking pretty. Well as pretty as a yard can look that's 70% dirt, 20% pine straw, and 10% grass.
Walked 4 miles tonight. A woot.
~
March 7, 2012

Rebecca and I went to Leesville today. She made me laugh so hard in Lowe's as I tried to load 50lb bags of mulch onto a lumber cart.
She mocked my "packing skills"

We then ate at Buffet City that has the BEST Chinese buffet around. I almost got her to eat sushi.
I then came home, sweet talked Scott into unloading the mulch out of the truck, and it's still on the ground where he put it. I started cleaning out old books from my bedroom, got sidetracked watching "True Blood", then walked 4 miles. It rained right as we got to my mom's house. Super.
Here is the top of my daddy's head. Enjoy.


~

March 8, 2012

I have almost decided it's time for a doctor visit. NOT that I think I can't handle this on my own, but it is looking a LOT like the thing that Scott had on his back. I have squeezed, push, scretched, poked, and prodded this thing and I can't get ANYTHING to change. It's pissing me off. I can't tell you how many "I told you so's" or "GO TO THE DOCTOR!" I have heard these past few days. I really don't have a death wish. I just think I got this! I am sure in 2 months when I have nothing but a nub for a leg I will look back and be, "hmmm...maybe I should have went on the second day..."
~


March 10, 2012

So I finally went to the doctor for my leg. Got a shot. It burned. They want me to see a surgeon to remove all the dead tissue, but we know that isn't going to happen.
This morning I woke up to my right arm being completely and totally numb from the elbow down. Even my palm has nothing. Fixing my hair was an adventure.
At work now. The next several hours will be a trip. I get off at 11pm. I have to be back at 7am. Tonight is Daylight Savings Time, so I will lose an additional hour. Nothing I can't handle, I just like to complain about it.


Work was good. Came home, laying on the couch watching DVR. I am hoping I fall asleep soon, I loathe daylight savings time. I think I am the only one who likes it when it gets dark at 6pm.

I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to see The Hunger Games. Usually when I <3 a book the movie disappoints. I have high hopes for this one.
~

March 13, 2012

Today is a bittersweet day. My mother in law would've had turned 60. I love and miss her so much.
Yesterday was a weird day. Here you go: Mexican Vulture from a Stephen King Novel

I woke up this morning, 5:30am, snoozed til 10 after 6, freaked out a little because I overslept, let out the dog, brushed my teeth, trying to remember where the frack I put my work clothes last night, turned on the shower then realized....I AM OFF TODAY. Oh the curse words that ensued. I stomped back into bed. Scott said "I wondered what you were doing...."

I watched "In Time" with Justin Timberlake this morning. Eh. I will watch ANYTHING with Justin Timberlake, so it was pretty good. Nothing I'd really watch again.

I started reading "Mrs. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children". It's pretty good so far. Reminds me of "Uncle Montegue's Tales of Terror".
30 minutes I spent looking for these keys...

~
March 16, 2012
I smell like smoke. And dirt. And sweat. And roasted acorns. Spent my off day with Scott. We laid around, caught up on DVR'd shows, then Bailey came over. We raked 10% of the yard then burned it. Fun times.




We are currently watching "Gnomeo and Juliet" for probably the 50th time. I still laugh when I see it.

I blogged again: I learned it's not you, it's me


Only in Louisiana:

~

March 17, 2012

I guess it was a semi productive 2 weeks. I am making progress on a decent looking yard. Work is good. My leg is no longer looking like "omg you could be an extra in the Walking Dead!!", and I finally figured out it was the shampoo/conditioner that was making my hair stringy. Viva la curls!

If anyone sees my hair like this again when I pin my bangs back, PLEASE let me know...




So there you go. I hope you feel more enlightened.

No comments: