Friday, June 21, 2013

Recipes: Alfredo Chicken and Broccoli


I cooked again. Twice in one week. I don't like it.
I am clearly aware that my food pics are not "blog worthy". I keep it real.
I discovered the reason I never liked Chicken Alfredo was because of the fettuccine. I have been missing out on alfredo sauce all of these years.
Cue the violins.

Anyway, this doesn't really count as cooking, it was super easy yet delish.

Scott came up with it, as we were looking at a couple of Pinterest recipes, and as usual, we find a recipe we like, and then take out most everything and insert the things we like.

So here is what I did.

I cut up 4 chicken breasts. Kind of diced it, but I have issues with diced chicken, so it looked more like what you find in a McDonald's grilled chicken salad.
I washed it, then seasoned it with all the seasonings in my pantry. (Garlic powder, garlic salt, lemon pepper, white pepper, and some kind of chicken rub)
I set it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
I swished some olive oil in the skillet, browned the chicken.
I threw a bag of steam-it-in-the-microwave broccoli in the microwave.
I added a jar of Ragu Classic Alfredo sauce (because it's the best) to the chicken mixture.
Stir.
When the broccoli was done, I cut it open, yelled because it always burns me, added it to the mixture.
Stir.
I let it sit for about ten minutes, then made Scott try it.

Paula Deen got fired, y'all. I could be the next her, minus racial slurs.

Enjoy.